Polish-born Richard Grunke began his apprenticeship in 1945 at the age of 15 in the shop of Edwin Herrmann of Schönlind and completed it in the workshop of H.R. Pfretzschner in the mid-to-late 1940's. After working in other shops for a number of years, he opened his own workshop in 1975. In 1996 he opened a new workshop with his sons, and he is still active today.
This bow is an octagonal-section pernambuco stick fully mounted in sterling silver and with a sterling silver tip. The ebony frog features a mother-of-pearl slide and Parisian eyes, and the bow is finished with a three-piece silver and ebony adjuster with a pearl inlay.
Weight fully haired 68.7 grams.