G. A. Pfretzschner Violin Bow – CURRENTLY OUT ON TRIAL –
Stamped G A Pfretzschner on the player side and Germany on the underside. The Pfretzschner family were legendary Saxon instrument makers, and the 1834 founding of the G.A. Pfretzschner atelier in 1834 brought many of the finest craftsmen of the region together to produce bows and stringed instruments for international distribution. The skill of these masters is evident in this octagonal-section pernambuco bow that tapers artistically to the tip. It has an ebony frog with mother-of-pearl eyes and slide, and the bow is finished with a three-piece silver and ebony adjuster.
Weight fully haired 56.3 grams.