WM Lewis & Son 3/4 Size Violin Bow Circa 1950-1960
William Lewis (1835-1902) bow maker from Germany founded one of the largest violin houses in the United States in 1874. The name was originally Lewis, Newell, and Gibbs, his partners when he first opened. Later the music store was renamed the Chicago Music Company. The final name changed to William Lewis & Son when Frederick Lewis joined the firm. Bows were made in the Markneukirchen workshop and imported to America branded “Wm. Lewis & Son. The 3/4 size pernambuco bow has the traditional brand and is in round section with nickel silver fittings. This bow is perfect for a young player looking to perform with a wood bow.
Weight fully haired 55.5 grams.